Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Method 12

Even though I had a great deal of familiarity with Web 2.0 technologies going into this program I found it to be a very useful experience. This course not only provided a solid background in the most important web 2.0 technologies and concepts but also provided a great deal of illustrations on how these technologies might be used effectively in a library setting.

The most useful lesson for me was the discussions on Twitter and Delicious. These were most useful to me because it showed me a variety of tools in these technologies that I had previously been unaware of (for example, Twitter's powerful search feature). In addition to these lessons, the variety of links I have accumulated throughout the entire course (in library blogs, web 2.0 videos, etc) have been invaluable and will surely help me stay informed in these areas in the future.

I plan on continuing my own development in web 2.0 technologies, and I greatly hope that I can convince my library to adopt some of these practice so that we can continue to be a relevant and useful center of information for our patrons in the digital age.


I hope this project continues and keeps current with the rapidly shifting developments in technology. If another learning opportunity like this was offered in the future I would definitely take it!

No comments: