Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Method 10

I always seem to have problems operating Wiki's. For whatever reason, this time seemed to be the smoothest for me and I was able to figure out how to edit and publish my changes with only one or two missteps.

I think wiki's are tremendously useful to libraries, especially in the area of staff communication. For example, a reference wiki could alert fellow reference librarians about hot topics or assignments that are frequently popping up in a time period.

While the tool is useful, I still find the interface clunky and kind of confusing to jump into. I much prefer the ease and simplicity of the new google wave program. It is only in beta phase but appears to be the beginnings of a powerful collaborative tool, combining the best of wiki's, instant messaging, and email.

No comments: