Friday, December 18, 2009

Method 7

Delicious is a tool I have been using for a little over a year now and I like a lot about it. The articles I read in this method, pointed out some very useful features I have been overlooking, mainly the social aspects of this tool. I have primarily been using it as a way to access my favorite websites from any internet connected computer. With the Social aspects, I can not only broaden web resources that speak to my interests, but also possible make connections with people who have the same interests as me.

I think this can be a very powerful tool for libraries, and an excellent gateway to the web for library users. The most important thing to do when utilizing it for the web, is be very diligent in how items are tagged and keep on top of the taxonomy being used. The social aspect can also be capitalized to find other interested resources that may benefit library patrons.

No comments: